Friday, April 5, 2013

Final Day of Spring Break!

Well the final day of Spring Break is upon us. Back to the grind, although a more relaxed grind with this Mommy being on Maternity Leave, on Monday.


Originally planning to spend the day a little more active, the rain clouds slowed us down and and brought us indoors for some couch/carpet time.
I woke up bright and early and headed out with my weekly shopping list! What a nice change to go at 8am!! I am not a fan of Walmart but they were the ones who had a special ingredient for the cookies I was planning for Shane and I to make later that day. I wouldn't have believed that I could be in and out in under 30 minutes, front row parking AND no wait in line at checkout!!! I might have to repeat that in the future!
In addition to grocery shopping I stopped by our mailbox and picked up the Aden and Anais Hello Kitty merch. I ordered just days before. Which is already washed and put away of course!
So back to those COOKIES!!! I have always struggled to find and make that "perfect cookie" They look gorgeous out of the oven BUT after they cool they sink... Completely falling flat. So when a photo popped up on my instagram feed accompanied by a recipe claiming to have found the cure I jumped at the chance to make this with my big guy! Not to mention mini M&M's and Shane are like a match made in heaven.





Let me just say that this cookie was all that it claimed to be! Crunchy around the edges, soft in the middle and never fell flat. Shane had the honors of trying the first cookie and he loved the crunch and there wasn't a bite without chocolate oozing out. Im not entirely sure how many the Daddy of the house had but his multiple trips to the kitchen made this recipe a keeper in my book. Hop on over to the Picky Palate and try out this fun cookie recipe for yourself. I can't wait to try more of her concoctions in the future!






No comments:

Post a Comment