Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2am wake up!

Last night... Or actually early this morning was interesting. Shane was spending the night next door at his friends house, which has happened many, many times.
I woke up with a start to Charlotte barking like crazy in our room and the first thing that came to my mind in this sleepy state was "I swear I cleaned the kitchen, what could she be upset about?" Because it is whole heartedly believed that my Grandmothers' Spirit comes back when my house is a mess, I swear it's the only time Char throws a barking fit in the middle of the night. So I told Char to calm down and tried to settle back into sleep.
But.
Then there was banging on our front door... Shit.
Hoping it was somehow Shane but not entirely positive that it wasn't some random stranger Nick got up and peeked through our bedroom window that has ZERO few of the front porch. Lame. Well after a few more bangs, Nick telling me not to get up and him finding the essentials for 2am door opening. I hear a bunch of apologies and Nick telling whomever it is that it is fine and not to worry.
Well it turns out it was Shane and our Neighbor bringing him home because he seemed to have some sort of allergic reaction to something at her house. The only thing that anyone could think of was he was curled up in a wool blanket.
I looked him over and he was COVERED in a rash/hives. Poor guy. He was so itchy. I had him take a shower just incase it was something that was still irritating his skin and then rubbed him down with some cortaid creme and got him settled in bed. Of course there was no Benadryl in our cabinet!
So this morning when I checked on him thankfully his legs were back to normal, they were one giant rash hours prior. But now it was all over his belly, back and under his chin. Good Lord.
So we threw on some clothes and headed out to the store to grab some Benadryl which thankfully kicked whatever this reaction was in the bud!
And surprisingly enough with a little help from zoning out to the television he didn't seem to get much of the hyper effect he generally gets from Benadryl since the store did not have Sudafed as an option. Got to love Blood/Chemical Imbalances!
I was kind enough NOT to take any pictures this time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment