Sunday, April 7, 2013

36 Week Update




Pregnancy: 36 weeks. Maternity leave has started as well as the final week of Spring Break. I had high hopes to do many activities outside of the house for this week but the weather was not what it had been the week before. But we did manage to squeeze in a few bike rides/dog walks and movie nights. Shane had a sleepover at he BFF's next door and came home at 2am with the WORST rash. We battled with it for over 48 hours with Benadryl and a call in to our Dr just to make sure I wasn't missing something. It has been determined that he should stay far, far away from Wool. Turns out the boys grabbed some old blankets to lay around on and Shane was the lucky one to pick up, and completely wrap himself in, the wool one.

Weight Gain: 10lbs 3oz. Somehow my weight went down a little this week. I feel like I do nothing but snack. all. day.

Sleep: Still not finding much sleep at night but with not having to go into work I am able to relinquish the guilt of napping, or at least going back to bed after Nick goes to work.
 
Gender: Baby Girl

Name: ;)

Feelings: Anxiety has really hit me this week. I have moments when I feel short of breath or that my heart is racing and I do my best just to set my mind to peaceful and take deep cleansing breathes. I am really interesting in baby led weaning BUT I keep getting images of the baby will choking while someone is watching her. It's amazing being a Mommy and having fears so far down the road that they stop you in your tracks 6 months prior.  

Health: Well I saw an NP at 34 weeks who claimed to have spoken to the Dr in charge of NST's and they decided that I no longer needed to be monitored. But when I saw my OB at my 36 week visit he was a little ticked that the NP chose to make that decision and override him. So I am back on to weekly NST's. On a side note the NP did not speak to the Dr in charge of NST's but to another associate who is unfamiliar with my Hx. I was also tested for GBS and found out via lab reports that I am a carrier, so anitbiotics for me before little one is born. This is all so very different from when I was pregnant with Shane. No NST's and much high BP. No GBS testing, so in turn no antibiotics before delivery.

Movement: This poor child and her hiccups. I keep reminding myself that they don't bother her but I do sometimes wish she could catch a break. The last few mornings I have had so much hip and lower back discomfort that the only thing I can do is try to get comfortable in bed and take a nap. When I wake the discomfort is gone so that I am grateful for.

Belly: I do believe I bumped into quite a few people at Shane's last Basketball game with my Belly, but I did say excuse me!

Nursery: The only thing I have left to do is sew her valance, crib skirt and changer covers. I already have the fabric but was waiting for Shane to be back in school since it is a little time and concentration consuming. I also plan on painting her bedroom door since that was replaced with a new one but I never got around to painting it.

Next Appt: April 9th for NST, April 15th 38wk appt and NST

Family News: Shane is going back to school from break but will no longer have to go to any before/after school programs which he is excited about more play time at home with his friends. He has a Language Arts class before school a few days a week and Music class after school a couple days as well. And I have an appt at the Spa for a facial and prenatal massage which I am so excited for the pampering and relaxation!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment