Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gestational Diabetes.

Although I would assume that I am not going to have to deal with this particular issue during this, or any of my pregnancies, I did receive an email/newsletter that opened my eyes to one thing. Carbs. They make up practically all of my meals and most of my ideal snacks. Boo.
If I haven't mentioned it before I LOVE http://www.lucieslist.com/. I originally joined this site for the help she offers when dealing with ideal items to put on a baby registry. But as a bonus she sends out weekly emails! This weeks email was dedicated to week 24 and GD. Touching not only on some predetermining factors as well as the surprise diagnosis, but also on how the amount of carbs (which are basically sugars) can affect your diet. And by diet I merely mean what we pack into our meals as well as our mouths.
My favorite part of any new bit of information are examples!! So she was kind enough to offer a few for each meal options which I will kindly copy and paste right here for easier reference for myself!


Breakfast:
-- Good old-fashioned bacon and eggs, hold the toast!
-- Greek yogurt (full fat!) topped with nuts and fruit
-- Frittata or crustless quiche
-- Fresh fruit covered in whipped cream (like, real whipped cream, not the sugary crap that squirts out of a can).
Lunch:
-- A burrito, hold the rice!
-- A hearty salad (chef salad, Nicoise, etc..)
-- If you must get a sandwich, take off the top piece of bread and go open-face
Dinner:
-- A hamburger (hold the bun) and a salad
-- Minestrone Soup
-- Chicken Parm (use whole wheat pasta) 
-- Chicken Cacciatore
-- Mustard-Crusted Salmon

Courtesy of www.lucieslist.com

I am already a HUGE fan of greek yogurt and berries but sadly "its so hard for me to imagine eating eggs without toast" Said this little piggy =)

I am going to attempt to go carblite during the weekdays and see how that works out for me.

Currently wishing fresh, hot, homemade bread wasn't so tempting...


No comments:

Post a Comment