Sunday, January 13, 2013

Felt Garland

I had been planning for us to have some crafting fun next weekend, but do to a welcomed change in plans we had time this weekend to head out to the local craft store in search of supplies.
But first a plan! I logged on to pinterest in search of Valentine's craft ideas and of course was overwhelmed. After narrowing down my wants and needs for these projects, being inexpensive, cheery and (for the most part) kid friendly... We headed out.
The first project we decided to tackle involved felt. A cheery felt heart garland to grace our hanging shelves seemed like the perfect touch to warm up our holiday naked living room!


The most difficult part of this project was when I thought my machine was broken because I probably haven't used it in a year and forgot that I needed to thread the top before it would pick up the bobbin. Whoops!



After I had hung up the finished garland I felt it looked a little lonely so I used some of my scrap pieces to cut out letters for a single sweet little word to hang above.


Although this was very easy and extremely cheap, this craft did not interest my big guy who shortly in asked if he could go play with his buddies outside. But I tried and hopefully the next projects will follow shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment