Thursday, May 9, 2013

Miss O 2 week update!!

Gah!!! Two weeks!! How amazing it has been. Everything about you is simply perfect and I couldn't imagine my life without you. I am proud to say we have been ebf for 2 solid weeks! This is a huge improvement from my attempts to nurse your brother. The LC at the hospital recommended using a shield and you are very fond of it. BUT for the past two days we have ditched the shield on the right side but are still using it for the left. You are a sleepy nurser so our sessions last quite a bit of time. For the most part you sleep for about 3 hours and than a up for a bit to nurse and perhaps look around if you feel like it ;)
You have no problem with noises. I can vacuum, your brother can practice his saxophone, your Daddy can tinker with his helicopters. You even slept through your brother's basketball game! You rockstar!!
There have been 2 times that you have slept for a chunk of time in your bassinet next to our bed but you sleep much longer if you are snuggled next to your Mommy.
I have some concerns with you being a little skinny baby so my good friend was kind enough to bring over her baby scale. On Sunday you were 6.075lbs I plan on weighing you later today to see if you have gained any more. I prayed for you to gain weight and you were so kind to stay up ALL Sunday night (1:40am-6am) nursing. You are so silly, I even tried to give you an evil paci to see if you just needed comfort but you wanted to have none of that!
Last night when you were getting settled into nigh-nights I said a little prayer asking for rest and guess what!!! You slept all night and woke up while Daddy was getting ready for work! I remember waking up multiple times last night just waiting for you to stir so I could whisk you away and get my midnight cuddles, but no ma'am!




LOVE
being wrapped up on Mommy's chest
looking around
being held
being swaddled AFTER you fall asleep


You are a drool baby when you nurse!





NO LIKEY
when Daddy holds you and tries to sit down
being swaddled
being put into your carseat
sitting in traffic
Daddy's whiskers







Your 2 week check-up was pushed back to Thursday so your Daddy could come with us! So we will have those stats soon.
I ventured out once in the 2 weeks since you have blessed us, for a quick run to get something to eat while Daddy watched you sleep. It was the hardest thing ever once I was in the car! All I wanted was to be able to smell you and it was the worst to be away from you. You are so intoxicating. I am so blessed to be your Mommy.

* 2 week stats - 6.5lbs (6%) 19.25 (8%) Some how our little one shrunk an 1.5inches in 2 weeks? So that stat is a little bogus. We have gone in for weight checks and as of Monday she has started to gain and brought her weight up to 6.8. We have another appt tomorrow (Friday May 10th) for a BMI check with her Pedi. We have already adjusted her feedings to include a 1-1.5oz bottle of pumped milk every 4 hours which is when we started having a gain. We are hoping she is close to 7lbs tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!









No comments:

Post a Comment