Thursday, May 30, 2013

Making good choices.

So all this week I had this idea that Nick and I would do a mini date... Which basically means I get food I didn't have to make myself AND I don't have to clean up after said food. So this mini date that I schemed up included naughty coffee and bagel goodness. ...And Nick too of course. THAT "whole idea" was suppose to take flight Wednesday. But Wednesday was a little rough. I was bound and determined to get little one to nap. So bound and determined I tried until lunch time. Boo.
So our mini date turned into iced coffees and a walk-a-roo around Walmart (because it was VERY windy outside, too windy to walk with the babe, and we needed diapers). Highlight baby slept in the wrap and I got an oatmeal cookie from Sbux to kill that hankering I have had for one since I saw Nick eating one the week before. YUM.

Flash to this morning!!! I was going to get that dang coffee/bagel situation in my hands after I dropped of Shane at school. ----------This is were Mommy guilt/I should really be saving money comes in-------
I spent the whole drive to school dreaming up the exact concoction I was going to order and from what little coffee shop it would be prepared in (Not Sbux). Then it sets in, just as Shane is saying bye and walking towards his class. I should just go home and make it all myself. It would save me $10. I should take that $10 and put it somewhere. And if I did this every time, or at least once a week I would have quite the few $10!! I love adding up all my pretend earnings!!!

So I head back home and throw a couple strips of bacon in the pan along with an egg, all the while toasting a bagel thin and prepping for a Breve Mocha.

$10... At least!


*little one is sleeping on Daddy and I am in the perfect spot having my back to the sink of new dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment